We are back at it and it is feeling great! This week we welcomed our Kindergarten students for full days and they are settling in well. Thank you again for making me feel so welcome. This is a wonderful school and I am excited to see where this year of learning takes us.
Please take a moment to read through these reminders and updates at VCE:
- Newsletters will be shared once a month and we will have updated emails throughout the month.
- NEW –check in and check out students at the office. Please have your child stop by the office if they are late for school and please come to the office to sign your child out if they are leaving early.
- PLEASE call in or email if your child is going to be away.
Reminders for a safe, caring and connected VCE:
- Walk your wheels on school property (scooters, bikes, etc.)
- Dogs on leash please!
- Play dates should be planned between families ahead of time.
- Cell phones/tech need to stay in backpacks for the day if at school (school is not responsible for lost items).
- School events –please come together, stay together and leave together.
- Consider the weather and send children to school with appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Check out our Valleycliffe website https://sd48valleycliffe.org/ for updates, school info and informative news for families.
Note on Emergency Procedures:
As some of you are aware, we had a Code Yellow on Wednesday, September 11th. This was to keep us safe due to a bear that was close to our school. The RCMP let us know when we were safe to play outside again. Just a reminder we will be practicing emergency procedures throughout the year, such as fire or earthquake so that students and staff are prepared in an event of an actual emergency. We do this to keep everyone safe at VCE. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Upcoming events/important dates:
- Early dismissal on Wednesday, September 18th at 2pm.
- Back to school BBQ September 18th from 5-7pm.
- Terry Fox Assembly/Run Friday, September 20th at 2:10pm.
- PAC Meeting, Monday, September 23rd at 6pm.
Happy Friday and have a great weekend!