Dear VCE Families,
The winter chills are here, please help us keep your children warm by sending them to school with hats, gloves and coats. We have a few extras in the office if needed too! We always plan for outdoor days as fresh air is important and helpful for learning but we also want our students to be comfortable out there.
Towards our critical thinking goal: In the coming weeks come in and check out our new visible learning bulletins throughout the halls to see what all the classes are up to. Talk to your child about what they are learning and interested in at school.
Next week is literacy week at VCE! Please support and engage in reading with your child at home.
Here are some of the exciting activities happening at the school:
- Please send in a photo so we can showcase them on our tv at the front of the school –‘Our family loves to read’ –a photo capturing where your child (and you) like to read. You can send directly to Ms. Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the front office.
- Will be having book awards (voting on our favourite books)
- Read at home –students encouraged to read even more! Read at home and record what you’ve read at school for a chance to win a book from our book draw each day
- Reading times with buddies around the school
- READ-IN –students will get together from all or many of the classes to read in the gym
- And more within the classes!
Upcoming Important Dates:
Jan 20-24 –Literacy Week
Jan 20th PAC meeting at 6:30pm
Jan 21st Hot Dog Day
Jan 21-24th Kindergarten Registration
Principal of Valleycliffe Elementary